Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Doctor doctor where are YOU!

Sometime in August last year my uncle went for a rectum operation and subsequently he was diagnosed with cancer and was put on radiotherapy treatment.

Despite the treatment, he was still jovial and optimistic. However, after 10 months it took a turn and the cancer cells had spread to his liver and lungs.

Yesterday, I accompanied him to the General Hospital Kuala Lumpur. The appointment was at 9am and we left as early as at 7.30 to avoid the chronic jam. When we arrived the consultation was already in progress however, after a while I noticed that there was a very long halt and the patients and their family members were getting restless.

I then decided to approach the reception to make an enquiry and I was told by the staff nurse that two of their doctors had gone for a meeting. I then asked her to take a look at the people in waiting. What a pitiful sight, many people were worn out and we only got to see the doctor eventually after almost three hours!

I strongly suggest that doctors should NOT have meetings during peak hours and but to uphold the call of service with love.

No comments:

Post a Comment