Sunday, November 22, 2009

Road Bully

My neighbour had deliberately closed the road on his land for almost four months and this had greatly affected the livelihood of the surrounding landowners. The farmers and the elders of the village held a meeting with him to open the road but he had refused and cited that he needed to carry out some earthworks on his land.

Due to this the farmers had to use an alternative dangerous road and when I heard that my brother had fallen, I then decided that we should use the power of the Land Office and when he came to know of this, he immediately paved the road with mud that very morning. Due to this current rainy season, I do not know how long the mud road will last!

Meantime, the farmers had decided to make an application to the Government for a Collection Road of Way permanently to prevent any further harrassment from him and his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment