Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Opportunities in a Crisis

A few years ago, I went to India for a religious retreat. When we were about to land, there was a great thunder storm and the plane went through airpockets and the plane was rattling and shaking. The ride was bumpy and choppy and my heart was pounding but the flight stewardess was reassuring and said that everything was alright.

On touching down the passengers especially the locals still in the state of shock hurriedly took their baggages from the cabins above and a bag fell on one of the passengers and there was shouting and the earlier gentle flight stewardess suddenly turned into a marshal ordering all passengers to sit.

The recent attack at Taj Mahal Hotel in Mumbai brought back memories about my trip to India some 4 years ago about the commotion at the plane. My condolences to all the family members who had lost their loved ones tragically.

When I was confused and did not know how to cope with my personal crisis then I started to develop a personal relationship with God my Father. I know He loves me as manifested in my daily life and I love Him even more now. I know that I could trust Him if I surrender myself to His Word. As I search the Scriptures each day, many passages come alive and this had kept me going.

Praise God! I managed to look for other alternatives that give new beginnings. Today, I look forward to helping children grow in their faith each Sunday. I am like a young shoot in the house of God but with His grace He will see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment