Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Repentance

I suddenly bumped into one of my student's parent yesterday after work who happens to be my friend's brother. This brother of hers has a very bad habit of borrowing money and not returning but he didn't know that I knew of it. While I was queing to buy my dinner he came up to me and asked whether I could spare him some time.

I withdrew from the queue and moved closer to him. Then his story started and said that one of his daughters was entering university and needed about 2k. I looked at him with a slightly tilted head and he probably sensed my disapproval and deceided to lower it to 300 and when I frowned at him he then asked for 200. Knowing his bad habit I immediately looked straight into his eyes and said a firm NO then he scoot off.

In his fifties he is still stuck this rut and repentance the "word" I bequeath him.

No comments:

Post a Comment