Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Journey of Faith

King Solomon wrote 4000 years ago “Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.” Those verses were born out of his own personal struggles.

After more than five decades of struggles and jubilations, at times of which I felt like walking through the valley of the shadow of darkness, and after struggling to reemerge from the deepest shadows – at hindsight I see clearly now that without God and His love I would not survived because only He saw me through.

I felt in my heart to write the journey of my life to encourage others, who are going through similar struggles on lonely journeys, unhappy marriages and a whole lot of other complex problems which weakens the soul, burdens the heart and dampens the spirit.

The urge to write on a similar level as the Apostle John wrote at the end of his earthly life. “Beloved I have written these things so that you may know that you are strong and the Word of God abides in you.”

We all need the divine hand to help us on this brief journey of life. Maybe one day He will explain the meaning of my tears and then the Scripture will be fulfilled - “And He shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Those who are sowing in tears will reap when they harvest. ”

But right now, I am in the journey of faith, and by faith I have to follow in the footsteps of Abraham when God said - Leave everything and go to the land which I will show you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment