Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sunday School Teacher

Lord, continue to use me to do Your will and to bless me that I may be a blessing to others especially children. Keep me strong that I may help the weak. Keep me uplifted that I may have words of encouragement to people I meet.
This year, I had 18 children (14 girls and 4 boys) who received their First Holy Communion. Only children who are baptised will be allowed to receive this Sacrement. At same time they will have to undergo some faith enriching knowledge inorder to receive it, usually when they are nine years old but there are exceptional cases where children receive it at a later age.
I like to take notice of a particular child, Andrea Lee who was in my class, she made me a very special card on my birthday. It was Father's Day and I had asked them to design a card as best they could for their dads and I playfully mentioned that it was my birthday too.
At the end of the session, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a card from her and she wrote:-
Dear Teacher
you are the best teacher I met,
you teach every thing about Jesus,
I like how you teach me,
Thank You Very much for teaching me
Happy Birthday
You are an angel,
You are beautiful
You have a loving heart and you are kind.
Don't you think she is so reaffirming and generous in her thoughts? Kind words are sweet as honey............ yum yum

No comments:

Post a Comment